Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any massage therapists in the l.a area?

are there any massage therapists (female preferred) in the l.a area. i have a really bad back and don't really know much about massage therapy.Any massage therapists in the l.a area?
Massage Therapy is an amazing tool for trying to control pain if it's done by someone with a lot of experience. One place you could check is a School of Massage Therapy. Also, check the community college to see if they might be able to help you find a good massage therapist.





Sometimes a Pain Management doctor or chiropractor will offer these services. With a Pain Management doctor if they offer it on site like mine does chances are great that insurance will cover the treatments.





I have had fibromyalgia for almost 4 years as far as an official diagnosis and when I started to get treatments with the Massage Therapist I started to get some good results with the girl that was working for her.





The technique that the girl used was deep tissue. I always felt very relaxed after one of these massages. One other thing if you decide to do this. Make sure that you drink a ton of water afterward because the massage makes the toxins that build up in your body come to the surface. The first time it happened (because I didn't drink the water as recommended figuring that it wasn't necessary) I went to one of my other doctors for an appt and they found bilirubin (one of the things our liver makes) in my urine.





It was because my body was trying to rid itself of the toxins. I made sure after that to drink a lot of water.





Another site that may help you find information about massage therapists in your area is the American Association of Massage Therapists (or similar name for the organization that has information about Massage Therapy).

No comments:

Post a Comment