Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How many massages a day can a Licensed Massage Therapist give before they are exhausted?

I'm about to open a full service barber shop. (I am a barber.) and have a room set up for LMTS but I am not sure how many LMTS I will need.





My guess is 6 massages a day, working 6 hour shifts 4 or 5 days a week would be a nice work load.








Can LMTs put in a ful 40s without getting burnt out? Thanks for your input.How many massages a day can a Licensed Massage Therapist give before they are exhausted?
There are very few massage therapists that can do 40 massages a week. I have been a massage therapist for 6 years and I can only handle 15-20 per week, and this is true for most therapists. However, if you add spa treatments to your menu of services, such as a salt scrub, parraffin, detox foot bath, body wraps, etc., these are really easy to do and then the therapists could work more hours. Many of them can be done without a shower. Also, if they do energy work in addition to massage, this is easy and then they could also do more. Here is an article about doing simple spa treatments, http://www.alternativehealthbusiness.com鈥?/a> Hope this helps.





Susanne


http://www.alternativehealthbusiness.com鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment