Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Classes In High School Should I Take, If I want to Become a Massage Therapist?

Im going to start my junior year in high school this coming fall, and I was wanting to know if there was any classes I should take to help me. I want to go to college to be a Massage Therapist.





thanks.What Classes In High School Should I Take, If I want to Become a Massage Therapist?
You were just like me 5 years ago!





I made sure to take a lot of Anatomy and Physiology. Biology is great, too.





Fitness classes are good too...you need to be somewhat fit to give massages. Build your strength and maybe take up yoga to start grounding yourself and building a good body awareness.





Pathology classes - the study of diseases in the body. Health and nutrition is great also.





Try to see if your local junior college will accept high school students for high school credits (or not, that's fine too). I took night classes at my junior college so I could graduate HS early and go to massage school. I got married too. We are going on four years strong.





Anyway, Take classes in your junior college if you can. They usually have a better variety than your HS may have. Just be aware of the prerequisites they require.





If your HS has a job shadowing program, try to set that up so you can observe a local therapist for a day and interview them. you can set this up on your own, however.





Start reading books now. Trail Guide for the Body is a must. Ruth Werner's Pathology for Massage Therapist is also a must. Browse through massage books at your local book store...look for recommendations on amazon.com and go for the used books. You will save money that way.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment