Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is being small a problem for someone who wants to become a massage therapist?

I am only 4'9'; and weigh 105 lbs. I want to become a massage therapist. Is the fact that i'm so small going to be a problem for me?Is being small a problem for someone who wants to become a massage therapist?
Absoutely NOT... I've had back problems for a few years now and my two very favorite massage therapists have been teeny tiny women. You can learn to use your BODY behind your hands. I like a very deep and intense massage and those two have got it nailed. My sister owns the salon that one of them works at and she says grown men walk down the stairs after getting a massage claiming to have been ';beat up';. :) If you are interested in pursuing a career and are small... don't you dare let that hold you back. There are techniques and methods to make your size work FOR you.Is being small a problem for someone who wants to become a massage therapist?
It's up to you - try it and see. My cousin is about your size, maybe a bit smaller and she's been a very successful massotherepist for years with no physical complaints. She does, however, keep her body strong with exercizes such as kickboxing %26amp; pilates.
Not at all, but all clients will have a preference to someone they like or not, it will be the same for you. Do not discriminate yourself and talk yourself away from this do in life what you want to!
I'm 4'11'; and i say that you might just have to get a long box to stand on if you are using a massage table. If you give seated massages, then it won't be a problem at all. See if you can find a table that is adjustable so you can lower it a few inches.





Best of luck....never let anything stop you from your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment