Saturday, August 21, 2010

How many of you could use a massage therapist?

I'm trying to find out because I plan on going to school for it and opening a day spa!





Let Me Know!!How many of you could use a massage therapist?
could i ever!.... but it's a 2 year degree that doesn't pay that well... like 28,000 a year.... you could always compliment it with a 4 year in buisness and open your own massage therapy buisness (spa... whatever)!!How many of you could use a massage therapist?
Check your area and see how many therapists and spas are in operation. Some spots are pretty saturated. You may want to find some way of separating yourself from your competition or find some specialty or group of people that is under served. I have been working for a spa for 6 years as a massage therapist and do ok. I don't make a ton, but love what I do. I think it is becoming more and more popular, but when the economy is bad we do suffer. Most of the people who come really regularly have fibromyalgia or headaches or some other medical condition that bothers them if they skip the massage. I would say do your home work and then go for it.
I think EVERYONE could use it, but the real question is how many people can afford a professional massage, and how flooded is the market in your area? Ask local spas and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment