Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am a massage therapist and my fiance does not want me to have male clients?

because you can't trust anybody these days and he doesn't trust the men. Especially because it's a home based business. He said if its referrals it's one thing, but if its random guys then that's another thing. What are your thoughts about this? I want to build up my clientele and I have many professional advertisements but I also want to respect him because I see where he is coming from. I do thorough client screenings over the phone before I take anybody.I am a massage therapist and my fiance does not want me to have male clients?
I agree with a lot of the answers that are here already but it also sounds to me that your guy is more insecure than anything else. It almost sounds like he doesnt think that you can handle yourself in an uncomfortable situation. You see, I have seen your picture and I know you're pretty... This means that you can also attract some crazy lesbian the same way that you can attract a crazy man. Risk comes with the field and I think you need to tell your man that he needs to deal with it HIMSELF since this IS the profession that you chose. The only other choice you have (if you wish to consider his feelings) is that you quit the profession all around... now, if you ask me, that sounds like he's already controlling your life... How will it be once you're married? ';dont wear that dress!'; or ';you can't go out with your friends!!'; you must draw the line and he needs to deal with his ';INSECURITIES';.





Good luck and I hope you do the right thing... for you!I am a massage therapist and my fiance does not want me to have male clients?
I dont' blame him, some people who sho up to parlors are looking for more than massages.





Its also dangerous for you if you have clients coming to your home and you are alone.





Try holding your business with a partner or have your fiance with you during business hours.
your fiance sounds controlling. be careful. he may only let you out for 10 minutes
Tell him to keep his nose out of your business!! Do you tell him how to do his job? You need to get him trained right from the beginning!! If you bow down to him on this he's going to try and run your entire life! You have enough sense to take care of yourself and make decisions on your own, especially ones that involve your business!! He is being unreasonable and ridiculous!
Maybe if you could, establish a business outside of home with co-workers. Or keep mace or a pencil or something in your pocket... then if a client tries something shank/spray them in the eye.
Just keep a stun gun on you and some pepper spray and you'll do fine
Were you a massage therapist before you met him? If so then I would tell him that is the career you had when you met him. Did you talk to him about this before starting your business? If so, why would you start a business like that when the two of you do not agree. It is a little hard for me to answer if I have questions. I believe that he should just get over it. Maybe he could be in the room while you have a male client. I really believe that he is very insecure and that it sounds like this is going to be a problem in your relationship. You probably will not get a very big clientelle with only women. He isn't worried about the women? Women swing the other way also.
if it upsets your husband, it probably will always upset him. alot of guys think that massages will lead to sex, and other guys just dont want their woman touching another mans body but theirs. if i was you, i would book only female clients, if you love and respect your husband. and just move on. take away the stress and be happy.
Being that it's ';home based';, i agree with your husband. In an office is different. You have to think of your safety. If he will be present, I dont see the harm.
Time to put your foot down, what you do is up to you and not him. If he has a problem with that..Tough, it may sound harsh but he has a problem with control and this could lead to problem in the future. Get him to seek help now, before it is to late
sounds jealous and insecure --potential problems in the future(Big Time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment