Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My doctor sent me to a massage therapist and at my last visit she mentioned that she was having trouble...?

getting oil stains to come out of her sheets. She has tried a special detergent for that purpose, but it did not work well. Can you help? Do you know how to remove oil stains from cloth? Thanks !My doctor sent me to a massage therapist and at my last visit she mentioned that she was having trouble...?
Soak the sheets in the washer with a double scoop of Biz and then wash or use one of the newer oxygen powders. Ammonia is too harsh for this application.





There are also extremely effective commercial laundry products for restaurants and hotels but they come in 25-50 lb containers. This would be an option depending on her volume.My doctor sent me to a massage therapist and at my last visit she mentioned that she was having trouble...?
Wow! Old oil stains are tough! Since they've been thru a dryer, it may be impossible.





Try sponging spot with 1 Tb. salt to 4 Tbs rubbing alcohol. Wash in hot water. Let air dry. If still present, try pretreating with shampoo. If that doesn't work then it's dry cleaner time. Even then dry cleaning may not work after a period of time.
amonia
Dawn dish washing detergent is the best thing that I have found to get oil out of everything. Per spot before washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment