Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I be a massage therapist if I have sweaty palms?

I love doing massages but my palms get sweaty really easily. Would this be a problem if I wanted to do this professionally?Can I be a massage therapist if I have sweaty palms?
yesCan I be a massage therapist if I have sweaty palms?
have you ever heard of hyperhydrosis? It's a condition of a thoracic nerve that can be clipped to stop excessive sweating.





It shouldn't be a problem if you wanted to train to become a CMT, but you may have to adjust your medium, depending upon what modality you use (ie - if you wanted to do myofascial release, you'd probably use no lotion at all, or a Swedish you would use less lotion/cream) I'd stay away from oils, as you'd end up with no grip at all on the tissue you're trying to mobilize.
I guess it depends on how sweaty they are. Try massages on your friends or family members and see if they notice anything odd about your hands. If so, that might be a problem. You might be able to eventually see a dermatologist to see if they could help.
Um I would keep a napkin or something close by you to occasionally dry them off if you choose to do it professionally. Sweat can clog customers pores and might be a little uncomfortable.
I dont know about other peolpe but that would gross me out a little. I agree with that other guy with using oils and lotions so they cant tell. haha
baby powder will do or a lotion massage .
i guess if you could wash them every ten minutes
with all the massage oils and lotions, that wouldnt even matter
I would just use oils or lotions when you do a massage and you can blame it on that!
maybe. but if you want to do it then go ahead (:
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment