Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are you glad you became a massage therapist?

I am considering a career change and have always been interested in massage therapy. I like the mind body connection and the options for non drug treatments for stress, anxiety, chronic pain, and nursing home patients. If you have been working in this field please let me know what you wish you had known up front or your favorite aspect of the job. Thanks!Are you glad you became a massage therapist?
I am a massage and remedial therapist, and would not change my job for any one.


If you wish to enter this field of healing, then please make sure you always do your best for your client.


To make it financially viable you will need at least 400 clients on your books, as you can only treat 4/5 a day so as to protect your hands and joints.


Good luck in your choice.Are you glad you became a massage therapist?
I have been in the field for 20 years...I wish I had known how hard it was to get and keep clients and that they just don't show up automatically.





It is more about taking care of yourself than taking care of others is the thing I learned by being a massage therapist. The more you do that in every way - financially, mentally, emotionally the more successful you can be in working with clients and building a practice or finding a job.
I work in a nursing home and also do Reflexology and Indian head massage (now going on to do Hot stone massage and Relaxation therapy) and there is no better feeling than to help those in need, whether you help them with their pain,stress or just to help them to get a good nights sleep. Just go out there with care and compassion for your clients and enjoy what you do.Good luck.
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment