Saturday, August 21, 2010

I want to be a massage therapist, How do I volunteer?

I want to volunteer to make sure it's something that I want to do before I invest my money in it.I want to be a massage therapist, How do I volunteer?
Yes, I'd avoid volunteering for a multiple of reasons. However, I would suggest you put your hands on a few people (with their permission) just to see if you actually like touching strangers.





Sometimes this can be a real stumbling block for some.





Try this website for a few more answers about what it's like to be a massage therapist:





http://www.a-body-for-living.com/I want to be a massage therapist, How do I volunteer?
I wouldn't volunteer you might find yourself in a weird position. Try talking to people in the field and see what they say. Giving a person an hour massage won't inform you about a career field, speak with someone.
You can't volunteer, you have to be trained and licensed to give massage. You can, however, sign up for weekend workshops or seminars in your area and that might give you an idea of what massage is like.


I will tell you that it is very hard on your body and that you have to keep yourself in great shape and eat healthy.
You can sign up with massageexchange.com, where you volunteer to exchange massages with someone. You may find qualified professionals that will be interested in helping you if they think you are sincere, or amateurs that share your interests but have more experience. There are sure to be creeps too, but I've never had a problem. If you're female, I'd stick with other woman to start with.
Massage therapy isn't something you can volunteer for. Therapy is a serious matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment