Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you think its unprofessional to have a showing tattoo if your a massage therapist?

I am a massage therapist and have 5 tattoos already. however i would like to branch out and get some where they would be visible. if you want to a massage therapist and they had visible tattoos would you go back to them? do you think it wouldnt look professional enough?Do you think its unprofessional to have a showing tattoo if your a massage therapist?
If they did a good job, absolutely I would go back. I wouldn't care if he/ she had a full body suit. It doesn't affect the way they do their job. As long as they aren't something offesive like, racial slurs, promote violence( that would be ironic wouldn't it?) or sporting drug references, I would be totally fine with it.Do you think its unprofessional to have a showing tattoo if your a massage therapist?
It wouldn't look professional...but I wouldn't mind if they had them. As long as they are not defensive.
no I don't care at all but your employer might have different ideas- I would say you have to look at your client and ask if they might be offended by what you have tattooed- so in your case you might want to stay away from naked ladies and bleeding skulls.
By no means it would add to the relaxing knowing you have them and dont look down on them at least to me.
I should think so . What you do in your Private life should not be able to impact those you have to interact with those with whom you work.





Just think of it this way would you go to work showing your underware.
Well, I think it depends on your clientele. Some people get weird about it. But you are in a pretty relaxed profession for the most part. I don't see any problems. Unless your getting something crude. It wouldn't bother me at all to have a tattooed masseuse.
i would not have a problem with it at all... as long as the massage was good
i think it depends on the tattoo...





something small on the wrist would be fine but a full sleeve or ';tough'; looking locations might be more of a problem
It depends on your clientele. I have several tattoos and Im an Executive Asst., I have one on my hand which i cannot cover and another on my calf that is very visible when I wear a skirt of dress. I work and act professional, so it is not a problem.
I think it depends on the tattoo.


If, for example , you have a tattoo that has nudity in it it can cause offence... even if it is tastefull and classy.


Im a beauty therapist and my collegue recieved numerous complaints for a kat von d style pin up girl on her arm.





Also things like ';man love rules , ok? '; are a definate no no.





but at the end of the day, its your body... if you really want it and your work dont... lump them
Well, tattooed people are going to say it wouldn't bother them (wouldn't bother me!) and non tattooed people might say they think it's unprofessional.


If you already have a lot of clients that has tattoos it probably wouldn't be an issue. It's one of those things that you'll never have a really good answer for and have to either take the risk and not worry about it or keep putting them in places they would be hidden.
No, nowadays it is very common for almost anyone to have a tatto showing---go for it.
I'm not ignorant enough to judge somebody based on whether or not they chose to tattoo their body





so I couldn't care less





but there are people out there who would probably think differently of you....
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment